Saturday, May 4, 2013
The Plymouth Public Library and the Plymouth Police Department will host the second annual Police Services Day at the Library, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., today.
1. Hometown Cleanup Day is today. Volunteer groups will fan out all over the town in neighborhoods, parks and favorite spots to pick up garbage, clean up debris, and show some love to America’s hometown. 2. The Plymouth Public Library and the Plymouth Police Department will host the second annual Police Services Day at the Library, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., today. Families are invited see up close all the equipment the Police Department uses to keep the community safe. The library’s Otto Fehlow Meeting Room will feature informational displays about the many ways the police department serves our community. 3. We've got a busy weekend ahead: The Kentucky Derby, Cinco de Mayo and the kickoff of South Shore, Cape and Islands Beer Week. Pick one…
Friday, May 3, 2013
Hometown Cleanup Day is Saturday, May 4. Find a group to join or start your own and keep Plymouth looking good.
1. Hometown Cleanup Day is Saturday, May 4. Volunteer groups will fan out all over the town in neighborhoods, parks and favorite spots to pick up garbage, clean up debris, and show some love to America’s hometown. Join an established group or put one together. To find a group, check the list at: http://networkofopenspacefriends.org/ or contact Patrick Farah at Town Hall at 508-747-1620, ext. 204,or email@example.com. 2. The Plymouth Public Library and the Plymouth Police Department will host the second annual Police Services Day at the Library, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, May 4. Families are invited see up close all the equipment the Police Department uses to keep the community safe. The library’s Otto Fehlow Meeting …
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Candidate for Selectman Matt Muratore will host a meet and greet Wednesday at the Summerhouse in the Pinehills at 5:30 p.m.
1. Candidate for Selectman Matt Muratore will host a meet and greet Wednesday at the Summerhouse in the Pinehills at 5:30 p.m. 2. The Plymouth Area League of Women Voters is conducting a Candidates Night at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 25, at Plymouth Town Hall. Candidates for the Board of Selectmen and School Committee will be participating. The public is welcome. The Town of Plymouth election is Saturday, May 11. The candidates for the two open slots on the Board of Selectmen are Robert Bielen, John Moody, Matthew Muratore, Douglas Edward O’Roak, Anthony Provenzano Jr. and Richard Quintal Jr. There are also two open positions on the School Committee. Candidates include Debra Betz, Jay Ferguson, Robert Morgan, Kenneth Moriarty Sr. and James …
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Sample and vote for your favorite treats in the fourth annual Cupid’s Confections Challenge at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2, at the Plymouth Public Library,
1. Sample and vote for your favorite treats in the fourth annual Cupid’s Confections Challenge at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2, at the Plymouth Public Library, located at 132 South St. The Junior Friends will be offering many delicious treats. Past challenges have included cookies, cupcakes and chocolate dipped fruit. There will be a guessing jar filled with Hershey’s Kisses to raise money for the Young Adult collection at the library. One guess for $1 or six guesses for $5. The person closest to the total number in the jar without going over will win the entire jar. Should there be any concerns about food allergies, contact the Manomet Branch librarian with your questions; each Junior Friend competitor will provide an ingredient list upon …
Thursday, January 17, 2013
The Martin Luther King Prayer Breakfast will be held at 8 a.m. Mon. Jan. 21 at Plymouth South High School.
1. The Martin Luther King Prayer Breakfast will be held at 8 a.m. Mon. Jan. 21 at Plymouth South High School. The theme of the event is the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the "I have a dream speech" given in Washington DC by Rev. King in 1963. The featured speaker is Cary Barnes, a former Plymothian and an actor in New York City, who performs that speech as well as others by MLK. The event is sponsored by the Plymouth Area Clergy Council, the Plymouth Public Schools and the Plymouth No Place For Hate Committee. Tickets are $8 available from churches and the NPFH committee and at the door. 2. The flu is taking a toll across Massachusetts, here's a list of places in Plymouth whereyou can get a flu shot. 3. Armstrong Skating Arena is …
Sunday, September 23, 2012
The sixth annual Take Me Fishin' fishing derby takes place next weekend, Saturday, Sept. 29.
The sixth Annual Take Me Fishin'! is a family fishing derby and nature event free to the public. The fishing derby encourages healthy outdoor activities, sustainable recreation and a love of the Forest. It's also a great way to build community. The event is free, accessible and open to all ages of children accompanied by an adult. The Mass. Department of Conservation and Recreation, MassWildlife, and Friends of Myles Standish State Forest provide everything you need for a great day of fishing and fun, including fishing poles, bait, fishing licenses, prizes, nature activities and more. Mass Wildlife even stocks the pond with trout. The fishing derby takes place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29 at Fearing Pond, when you enter the …
Friday, June 29, 2012
It's finally Friday and here's what you ought to know.
1. The Americana Theatre Company Presents 'The 39 Steps' and 'Redeeming Love' at First Parish Church In Plymouth, at 8 p.m. 2. Mayflower RSVP is seeking nominations from Plymouth County residents for the 2012 Presidential Lifetime of Volunteer Service. Learn how to nominate someone here. 3. Need some books for the kids to read this summer? Check out some suggestions on our book lists for preschoolers, elementary, middle and high schoolers. 4. Check out the family programs at Myles Standish State Forest: Something for (almost) everyone. 5. Do you have opinions? Be a blogger on Patch.
Friday, June 22, 2012
There's plenty to do this weekend. Here are just some suggestions.
Opening ceremonies for this all night celebration and walk begin at 6 p.m. Friday at the Plymouth South High School track. No matter who you are, there's a place for you at Relay. Each dollar you raise will help save lives. How far will you go to make a difference in the fight against cancer? Your reasons for walking in the Relay For Life are as unique and special as the story that motivates you. This is your opportunity to not only honor cancer survivors and remember people we have lost, but also to raise funds and awareness to help save lives. Because of your support, we are creating a world where cancer can't claim another year of anyone's life. You are helping create a world with less cancer and more birthdays! The Simes House …
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Myles Standish State Forest offers programs throughout June for adults and families. Check out June's schedule here.
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
All programs are free and open to the public. Rain cancels. An adult must accompany children. Reasonable accommodations available upon request. For more information, call the Park Interpreters at (508) 866-2580 or visit http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/southeast/mssf.htm Thursday, June 7, 9:00am – 11:00am. Off The Beaten Path Hike: Join the Park Interpreter on a hike through Myles Standish State Forest. This hike travels along different trails each week and is about 3 to 4 miles in length. Please wear bug spray, sunscreen, and supportive shoes. Bring along water and a snack. We’ll meet at the Charge Pond Parking Lot #5. Saturday, June 9, 4:00pm – 5:30pm. Cannonballs & Cranberries: Join us for a hike around the Rocky Pond Cranberry Bog…
Thursday, August 11, 2011
It's Thursday on Patch, and the Farmers' Market is at Stephens Field this afternoon.
Plymouth Farmers' Market Stephens Field 02:30 pm THE GUYS UPSTAIRS @ THE SANCASTLE LOUNGE(Pilgrim Sands at Long Beach) 06:30 pm Karaoke with DJ Jeff Baker Cabby Shack Trekkers Club Plymouth Public Library Main Branch 03:00 pm Live Music Night at Alden Park Alden Park Bar & Grill 08:00 pm