Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Are you taking part in Jordan Hospital's Polar Plunge this weekend? Share your story with Patch.
1. Are you taking part in Jordan Hospital's Polar Plunge this weekend? Share your story with Patch. Email editor Casey Meserve with your story and photos. 2. Selctman Matt Muratore is running for reelection and is hosting an event in Manomet Thursday to discuss local issues with residents. The free event starts at 5 p.m. at 42 Degrees North restaurant (690 State Road) in Manomet. 3. The American Red Cross is holding a blood drive today, Feb. 27, at the Radisson Hotel on Water Street from 1 to 6 p.m. All eligible and new blood donors are encouraged to give blood. Blood donors are needed every day to ensure an adequate blood supply for patients in need. All presenting donors in February will receive a coupon for a free lunch pack at …
Saturday, February 23, 2013
The Boston Bruins Alumni face off against the LLS Warriors today at Armstrong Arena.
1. The Boston Bruins Alumni face off against the LLS Warriors today at Armstrong Arena. The game will benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Take a chance on great prizes at the drawing or bid on packages at the silent auction. Prizes include game tickets to the Bruins and Red Sox, gift certificates, video games and more! Tickets are $10 for adults and $6 for kids. Available at the door. 2. Plymouth Community Theatre presents Rumors, a farce written by Neil Simon, tonight at 8 p.m. at the Plymouth Guild for the Arts on North Street. Tickets are $20. 3. Plymouth Public Schools are accepting applications for September 2013 placement in full day, tuition-based kindergarten. Application deadline is Feb. 26. Staffed by certified classroom …
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Support the Plymouth High School music program for a hearty meal and entertainment.
Support the Plymouth High Schools band and chorus, and help offset the costs of the New York musical performance trip. The spaghetti dinner will be held at Plymouth South High School at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8. Adults $10, Seniors $8 and Kids $5. Entertainment will be provided by the students.
Monday, February 4, 2013
Two Plymouth South students are finalists in Photographers’ Forum Magazine's 33rd Annual College and High School Photography Contest.
Monday, February 4
Two Plymouth South students are finalists in Photographers’ Forum Magazine's 33rd Annual College and High School Photography Contest. Several students in Plymouth South High School’s Graphic Design and Visual Communications were among the 16,000 photographs entered. Senior Caitlin Hynes and sophomore Kaeleigh Ellis were named finalists in the contest. Their pieces will will be exibited in the Brooks Institute Gallery 27 in Santa Barbara, CA. Their pieces will be judged in the final round and the winning photos will be entered in Nikon’s Emerging Photographer’s Hall of Fame.
Monday, January 28, 2013
Two Plymouth music students win awards in South Shore Conservatory’s Concerto Competition in the French horn and clarinet.
Plymouth South High School senior Zachary West was named the overall winner of South Shore Conservatory's 25th annual Concerto Competition. Another Plymouth music student, Maria D’Ambrosio won an honorable mention in French horn. A student of SSC French horn instructor Megan Riccio, Maria received a trophy during a ceremony following the competition. The competition was held Jan. 18 at the Conservatory’s Hingham campus. West earned national recognition late last year when he auditioned and earned placement in the first clarinet section of the National Association of Music Educators All-Eastern Honors Band, according to a release from South Shore Conservatory. As a member of the All-Eastern Band, he will participate in a four-day festival …
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Artist Exposure, a fine art studio gallery on Howland Street, Plymouth, MA., will feature the work of artist Joanna Ruggiero in a show entitled "IMPACT."
1. Artist Exposure, a fine art studio gallery on Howland Street, Plymouth, MA., will feature the work of artist Joanna Ruggiero in a show entitled "IMPACT." Joanna's powerful works are intended to make us re-think our relationship with the Earth and its creatures. The show raises consciousness and awareness of humans' connection and interaction with nature. The show opens today at 1 p.m. 2. The flu is taking a toll across Massachusetts, here's a list of places in Plymouth whereyou can get a flu shot. Here's a link to a blog about Natural Ways to Prevent or Shorten the Length of the Flu. 3. The Martin Luther King Prayer Breakfast will be held at 8 a.m. Mon. Jan. 21 at Plymouth South High School. The theme of the event is the celebration of…
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
This season, the Pilgrim Festival Chorus is seeking men’s voices, especially singers in the tenor vocal range.
Singers from across the South Shore are invited to audition for the Pilgrim Festival Chorus at its two welcome nights, Jan. 14 and 21. The chorus is an auditioned singing group for men and women, with vocalists of all skill levels, dedicated to the performance of choral music from many genres. In their fourteenth season, PFC typically offers two major choral performances during each year, with smaller volunteer groups often engaging in appearances at local community events, plus a summer post-season cabaret concert. The next concert featuring Orff's Carmina Burana will be in the spring and rehearsals will begin Jan. 14 at 7 p.m. Music Director William Richter welcomes singers of all skill levels to learn about the PFC and audition for …
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Gavin Dineen of Plymouth will be portraying Hans when the Salem State University award-winning theater department presents Cabaret later this month.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
The highly charged musical is set in 1931 Berlin as Nazis rise to power and focuses on the infamous nightlife found at the Kit Kat Klub. Dineen, a theater major, is making his debut with Salem State University but has starred in Cape Cod Community College’s production of The Rocky Horror Show. Assistant Professor Peter Sampieri directs the musical and promises a night of thrills, laughs and possibly tears. Performances run from Thursday, Nov. 29 to Saturday, Dec. 8 at 7:30 p.m. and a Sunday matinee at 2 p.m. in the Mainstage Theatre at Salem State University, 352 Lafayette Street. Tickets are $20 for the general public, $15 for students and seniors, and free for Salem State University students. Tickets can purchased at www.…
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Lots of stuff to do today.
1. The Plymouth Public Library will host a guitar workshop and concert at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13, in the Otto Fehlow meeting room. Jim Gallant will perform a selection of songs and host a workshop on using proper hand mechanics, basic chords and strumming techniques. Take your guitar for a free lesson after enjoying some great music. This program is sponsored by the Plymouth Public Library Corporation and is free with no registration required. For further information, call 508-830-4250 or TTY 508-747-5882 or visit www.plymouthpubliclibrary.org. 2. The Pastel Painters of Cape Cod Members Show is at the Plymouth Center for the Arts. All works are for sale and most are 14" x 14" perfect for holiday gift giving. 3. Tickets are available for …
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Upload your best pumpkin pictures to Patch's photo of the week contest. The winner will receive a $75 gift card.
1. Upload your best pumpkin pictures to Patch's photo of the week contest. The winner will receive a $75 gift card. 2. Mayflower Bank will sponsor a South Shore Young Professionals networking event from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16, at the Plymouth Center for the Arts, at 11 North St. The night will feature networking, a chance to view work by local artists, a raffle, complimentary refreshments from Holmes Farm and Nicki Blanchard’s “Good in the Kitchen” and a cash bar. The cost to attend is $5 for SSYP members and $10 for nonmembers. For more information and to register for this event, visit www.southshoreyoungprofessionals.org. 3. The Plymouth Area Coalition seeks donations of Stop & Shop and Shaw’s $10 gift certificates to provide low-…