A Sunday drive that will save lives. Tracy Chevrolet Cadillac hosts blood drive on Sunday, March 10, 11am to 4pm.
DATELINE: PLYMOUTH, MA…
When it comes to donating blood, it’s difficult for many well-intentioned donors to find time in their schedule during the week. With those people in mind, Tracy Chevrolet Cadillac, located at 137 Samoset Street in Plymouth, will host a blood drive on Sunday, March 10, from 11am to 4pm.
The American Red Cross will conduct the blood drive inside the dealership’s showroom, which is located off Route 3’s exit 6 on the old Route 44. Donors from the general public are welcome to attend. Walk-ins are also welcome. You can make an appointment in advance by calling the Red Cross at 1-800-RED-CROSS (800-733-2767)
“With the recent blizzard, it has made it difficult for some people to get out and donate. By holding this drive on a day where many folks aren’t working, we’re hoping to draw enough people to make up for some of that,” said Jeff Tracy, president of Tracy Chevrolet Cadillac. “We urge all able bodied Plymouth residents to come out and donate. Donating blood can literally save lives.”
Here are some facts about blood:
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 44,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S. (2006).
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- Sickle cell disease affects more than 80,000 people in the U.S., 98 percent of whom are African American. Sickle cell patients can require frequent blood transfusions throughout their lives.
- More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
For more information about the blood drive on March 10 at Tracy Chevrolet Cadillac, call 508-830-0101 or visit the dealership’s Facebook page at Facebook.com/TracyChevroletCadillacOfPlymouthMa.
So easy at Tracy Chevrolet Cadillac
For more than 80 years and three generations of dealers, the Tracy family has made it so easy for customers on the South Shore and greater Plymouth area to purchase new and used automobiles. Since its beginnings in 1992, Tracy Chevrolet Cadillac has emphasized first-rate customer service and straightforward, bottom-line pricing with fair trade-ins every time--without the games or gimmicks you find at other dealerships. For more information on new and used trucks and automobiles, you can go to www.tracymotors.com or stop by the dealership, conveniently located at 137 Samoset Street, just off exit 6 on Route 3. For more information, or to make a service appointment, you can also call (508) 830-0101.