.

Plymouth Family Awarded $63M For Daughter's Allergic Reaction to Children's Motrin

A Plymouth Superior Court jury Wed. found that Johnson & Johnson failed to provide warnings about potential side effects on the versions of Motrin that are sold over-the-counter.

When Samatha T. Reckis of Plymouth, now a teenager, was 7-years-old, she was given Children's Motrin, and suffered a severe allergic reaction that was  diagnosed as Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, according to Boston.com.

That was 10 years ago. Rekis is now legally blind and cannot walk more than 150 yards without getting tired, Boston.com reported.

If the decision is upheld by a trial judge, with interest, the award could be worth $109 million.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »