1. Vote for the best crazy cat pictures to Patch's Weekly Photo Contest; the winner will receive a $75 gift card to Barnes and Noble.
2. Don't miss Barktober Fest Saturday at Nelson Park. The activities tent includes contests and competitions all day including: the Loudest Bark Competition, Costume Contest and Fastest Tail-Wag Face-Off. Prizes are awarded to the winners. The festival helps support the Friends of the Plymouth Pound.
3. King Richard's Faire is open this weekend in Carver. Break out the battleaxes and lutes.
4. The Jordan Hospital Club is hosting the 6th Annual 5K “Kayla’s Beat Goes On” today at 11 a.m. The 5K Walk/Run is held in memory of Kayla Richards, a beloved Radiology Associate at Jordan Hospital who at age 22, died tragically at a fitness club. The “Kayla’s Bill” was passed in 2007, requiring Gyms to have automatic defibrillators on location with trained staff.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.