1. Author Michael Tougias will present the story of his book, Ten Hours Until Dawn: A True Story of Heroism and Tragedy Aboard the Can Do, at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5, in the Otto Fehlow meeting room at the Plymouth Public Library on South Street. Tougias, author of 19 books, will offer a slide presentation about the heroic rescue during the Blizzard of 1978. A book signing will follow the program, with books available to purchase at the event. This program is sponsored by the Plymouth Public Library Corporation and is free with no registration required. For further information, call 508-830-4250 or TTY 508-747-5882 or visit www.plymouthpubliclibrary.org.
2. Jordan Hospital will host the American Cancer Society’s “Look Good, Feel Better” program from 3 to 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5, in the Breast Center Conference Room, at 275 Sandwich St. Look Good, Feel Better is offered through a partnership of the American Cancer Society, the Personal Care Products Council Foundation and the Professional Beauty Association/National Cosmetology Association. It is a free program that teaches cancer patients hands-on cosmetic techniques to help them cope with appearance-related side effects from chemotherapy and/or radiation treatments. Wig care, scarf and hat use, skin and nail care will all be discussed, and all participants will receive a free makeup kit. Registration is required by calling Maureen Kwash at 508-897-4339 or emailing Maureen.Kwash@cancer.org. For more information or for cancer information anytime, contact your American Cancer Society at 800-227-2345 or visit cancer.org.
3. Papa's Pet Project has cats available for fostering and adoption this weekend at Petsmart at Shops at 5. Complete an adoption application found online at www.papaspetproject.org.
4. The Plymouth Area Coalition seeks donations of Stop & Shop and Shaw’s $10 gift certificates to provide low-income South Shore families with holiday turkeys. Deliver or mail them to 149 Bishops Highway in Kingston. For more information, call Helen at 781-582-2010.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.