1. Join volunteers from all parts of town Saturday, Nov. 3, to help clean up Plymouth for Thanksgiving and the holidays. Every year more volunteers graciously step up to the plate in an effort to keep parks, roadways, beaches and open spaces clean and beautiful. Each cleanup has brought new faces and larger numbers. But more are needed and welcome. Join a group, set up a group or do it solo; there’s plenty of litter to go around. For more information and to sign up, call Patrick Farah at 508-747-1620, ext. 204, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. He will arrange for the distribution and pickup of specific purple bags (the town’s DPW will collect only the purple town bags for this project.) Many volunteers find it easier to supply and dispose of their own trash bags. Some who are pressed for time take one bag for 10 minutes in the neighborhood.
2. Papa's Pet Project has cats available for fostering adn adoption this weekend at Petsmart at Shops at 5. Complete an adoption application found online at www.papaspetproject.org.
3. Make sure to post your storm photos here to enter our weekly photo contest.
4. The Plymouth Area Coalition seeks donations of Stop & Shop and Shaw’s $10 gift certificates to provide low-income South Shore families with holiday turkeys. Deliver or mail them to 149 Bishops Highway in Kingston. For more information, call Helen at 781-582-2010.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.