1. Several businesses and town offices are closed today for Veterans Day. Check out the list here.
2. The Plymouth Public Library will host a guitar workshop and concert at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13, in the Otto Fehlow meeting room. Jim Gallant will perform a selection of songs and host a workshop on using proper hand mechanics, basic chords and strumming techniques. Take your guitar for a free lesson after enjoying some great music. This program is sponsored by the Plymouth Public Library Corporation and is free with no registration required. For further information, call 508-830-4250 or TTY 508-747-5882 or visit www.plymouthpubliclibrary.org.
3. Tickets are available for the Plymouth Philharmonic Orchestra’s annual Holiday Pops, to be held at 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, and at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9, at Memorial Hall, at 83 Court St. Steven Karidoyanes will conduct. WBZ Radio host Jordan Rich will read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, accompanied by the orchestra. Tenor soloist Matthew Anderson will join the Phil with the Federal Furnace School Treble Chorus, directed by Kathy McMinn, to sing “Oh, Holy Night” and “God Bless Us Every One.” Children are invited to take a toy and march in the annual March of the Toys charity toy drive. Toys will be distributed to families by the Children’s Holiday Fund, sponsored by the Old Colony Memorial and administered by the Plymouth Area Coalition for the Homeless. Tickets start at $20. Call 508-746-8008 or visit www.plymouthphil.org.
4. The Plymouth Area Coalition seeks donations of Stop & Shop and Shaw’s $10 gift certificates to provide low-income South Shore families with holiday turkeys. Deliver or mail them to 149 Bishops Highway in Kingston. For more information, call Helen at 781-582-2010.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.