1. The Relay for Life of Greater Plymouth will kick off its annual “walk around the clock” to fight cancer at 7 p.m. tonight at PartyLite, located at 59 Armstrong Road. Plans for this year’s Relay for Life of Greater Plymouth will be announced at the kickoff celebration. In addition, the Relay for Life Kickoff will provide information on what local people can do to combat this terrible disease. Teams can sign up, individuals can volunteer, survivors can get support and businesses can learn about sponsorships and more at the event.
2. The flu is taking a toll across Massachusetts, here's a list of places in Plymouth whereyou can get a flu shot. Here's a link to a blog about Natural Ways to Prevent or Shorten the Length of the Flu.
3. Mathew Muratore, Chair of the Plymouth Board of Selectmen, kicks of his re-election campaign at 7 p.m. Thursday at Ernie's Restaurant. Join the free event and have some pizza.
4. The 11th annual Jordan’s Polar Plunge to benefit the Jordan Hospital Club Cancer Center will be held Saturday, March 2, at Plymouth Beach. Registration starts at 10:30 a.m., followed by the safety briefing at 11:45, the Plunge at noon and awards and refreshments at the Plymouth Yacht Club at 12:30 p.m. To register online, go to jordanspolarplunge.com.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.