1. Armstrong Skating Arena is hosting Winter Wonderland DJ public skate tonight at 8:30 p.m. The staff of FMC Ice Sports. Celebrate winter with a live, DJ Skate during the long weekend. Our ice-side DJ will be taking requests and playing today's hottest hits while you hit the ice with your friends and family. Admission is $5 and skate rentals are also $5. Bring your glow sticks, this is a lights out skate.
2. The flu is taking a toll across Massachusetts, here's a list of places in Plymouth whereyou can get a flu shot.
3. The Martin Luther King Prayer Breakfast will be held at 8 a.m. Mon. Jan. 21 at Plymouth South High School. The theme of the event is the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the "I have a dream speech" given in Washington DC by Rev. King in 1963. The featured speaker is Cary Barnes, a former Plymothian and an actor in New York City, who performs that speech as well as others by MLK. The event is sponsored by the Plymouth Area Clergy Council, the Plymouth Public Schools and the Plymouth No Place For Hate Committee. Tickets are $8 available from churches and the NPFH committee and at the door.
4. The Arc of Greater Plymouth’s Employment Committee has again joined forces with The Cleanist to collect, clean and deliver warm coats to those in need. The coats are distributed through the Plymouth Area Coalition for the Homeless. This year, the goal is to add a scarf and mittens or a hat with each donated coat. If you have a nice gently used coat to donate, drop it off at The Arc office at 10 Cordage Park Circle, Suite #208. Donations of new mittens, hats and scarves will also be accepted.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.