1. Harbor Market Days Winter Market is open today from 3 to 7 p.m. Visit all of your favorite vendors at the rear of Cordage Park. There's plenty of fresh produce and baked goods.
2. Amy Stanley's family hopes to honor the six people they believe helped free her from her seat as flames erupted from her car in Rockland, Oct. 22. The family has organized a benefit to recognize her rescuers and raise money to help pay Stanley's continued medical expenses. The benefit will be held at 5 p.m. Jan. 19 at Plymouth VFW Post 1822. For more information, or to buy tickets, call 781-982-3188.
3. The Arc of Greater Plymouth’s Employment Committee has again joined forces with The Cleanist to collect, clean and deliver warm coats to those in need. The coats are distributed through the Plymouth Area Coalition for the Homeless. This year, the goal is to add a scarf and mittens or a hat with each donated coat. If you have a nice gently used coat to donate, drop it off at The Arc office at 10 Cordage Park Circle, Suite #208. Donations of new mittens, hats and scarves will also be accepted.
4. Looking to get rid of yor Christmas tree? Balboni’s Landscape Supply and Green Waste Reprocessing will be accepting Plymouth residents’ Christmas trees for recycling free of charge from Dec. 27 through the end of January. Drop off is at 135 Camelot Drive and proof of residency is required. Balboni’s hours of operation are from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday (closed Sunday). All ornaments, tinsel and lights must be removed from the trees; only clean trees are accepted for recycling.
The Christmas trees will be ground, producing high quality mulch, which will eventually break down and enrich the soil, giving back to the environment. By participating in the Christmas tree recycling program Plymouth residents will be given $40 worth of coupons which can be redeemed at Balboni’s for products or future disposal. Call Balboni’s at 508-746-6111.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.