1. Are you taking part in Jordan Hospital's Polar Plunge this weekend? Share your story with Patch. Email editor Casey Meserve with your story and photos.
2. Due to a storm-related event, the panel of four South Shore mystery authors scheduled for Feb. 26 has been changed to 7 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, March 18, in the Otto Fehlow meeting room of Plymouth Public Library at 132 South St.
The panel of four South Shore mystery authors will discuss the diabolical genre of short stories. Sheila Connolly, Mo Walsh, Stephen D. Rogers and Leslie Wheeler all have featured stories in the new Level Best anthology, Best New England Crime Stories 2013: Blood Moon.
There will be a book signing at the conclusion of the program. All authors have recent titles and their books will be available for purchase. Sponsored by the Plymouth Public Library Corporation, this program is free and no registration is required. For further information, call Jennifer Harris at 508-830-4250 (TTY 508-747-5882) or visit www.plymouthpubliclibrary.org.
3. The American Red Cross is holding a blood drive Wednesday, Feb. 27 at the Radisson Hotel on Water Street from 1 to 6 p.m. All eligible and new blood donors are encouraged to give blood. Blood donors are needed every day to ensure an adequate blood supply for patients in need. All presenting donors in February will receive a coupon for a free lunch pack at Cumberland Farms, which includes a burger or a grilled chicken sandwich, any size fountain soda or frozen beverage, and a 1.5 oz. bag of Cumberland Farms brand chips. To make an appointment to donate blood, call 800-RED CROSS (800-733-2767) or go to redcrossblood.org.
4. Plymouth Public Schools are accepting applications for September 2013 placement in full day, tuition-based kindergarten. Application deadline is Feb. 26. Staffed by certified classroom teacher, the program offers music, art and physical education taught by certified professionals; educational field trips; cultural arts programs; lunch program. Before and after school childcare available through the Old Colony YMCA Program on site (fee-based).
Applications and information available at all Plymouth schools, the Plymouth Public Schools website and administration building. Reduced tuition application, based on family income, is available. Childcare vouchers are accepted as payment for tuition (no deposit required for families holding a current voucher). Possible locations: Cold Spring, Federal Furnace, Hedge, Nathaniel Morton, Manomet and South elementary schools.
5. Have you ever thought about starting a blog? Learn how to blog on Patch.