1. Sample and vote for your favorite treats in the fourth annual Cupid’s Confections Challenge at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2, at the Plymouth Public Library, located at 132 South St. The Junior Friends will be offering many delicious treats. Past challenges have included cookies, cupcakes and chocolate dipped fruit. There will be a guessing jar filled with Hershey’s Kisses to raise money for the Young Adult collection at the library. One guess for $1 or six guesses for $5. The person closest to the total number in the jar without going over will win the entire jar. Should there be any concerns about food allergies, contact the Manomet Branch librarian with your questions; each Junior Friend competitor will provide an ingredient list upon request. For more information, call the Manomet Branch Library at 508-830-4185 or send an email to email@example.com.
2. The Plymouth Antiquarian Society invites the public to a free tour of Burial Hill at 1 p.m. the first Saturday of each month (except January). Dr. Donna Curtin will lead the Feb. 2 tour, “Love Stories of Plymouth: A Burial Hill Valentine.” Learn about love and romance in old Plymouth and hear stories of some of the town’s most star-crossed couples. Tours meet at the main Burial Hill stairway; no reservations are required for individuals and families. Participants may traverse steep and slippery slopes; wear appropriate shoes. Severe weather may cancel tour; updates will be posted on the Plymouth Antiquarian Society website. For a full listing of upcoming tours, visit www.plymouthantiquariansociety.org. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-746-0012.
3. Plimoth Plantation is hosting a special Valentine’s Day, An Evening of Courtly Love is a wonderful and unique opportunity to experience fine food, music and film, Thursday, Feb. 14. A delectable dinner will be followed by your choice of a screening of Oscar- Nominated Live Action Short Films 2013, or a live performance of An Evening of Courtly Love. An Evening of Courtly Love is a recital of 17th-century music, dance, poems, plays and love letters guided by Andreas Capellanus' book, The Rules of Courtly Love, written in 1184. Check out Plimoth Plantation's website for more information.
4. The flu is taking a toll across Massachusetts, here's a list of places in Plymouth whereyou can get a flu shot. Here's a link to a blog about Natural Ways to Prevent or Shorten the Length of the Flu.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.