1. Artist Exposure brings world-renowned Grammy award winner Romero to Memorial Hall, Plymouth, Sunday, Feb. 17 at 2 p.m. Romero brings his musical messages to a wider audience by cleverly blending stellar world rhythms with inventive woodwinds, strings, percussion, and vocals. Romero, who is a native of Argentina but was raised in southern Spain, has unified classical, flamenco, Middle Eastern and several world beat rhythms. See Romero’s improvisational twists and eloquent string virtuosity. He will perform with Carmen Estevez (cajon & vocals), Sean Kupisz (cajon & bass), also featuring special guests: Kestutis Vaiginis (sax & flute) and Flameco dancer.
Tickets are $20 for general admission. The concert begins at 4:00pm but we will open the doors at 2:00pm so that you may view the art show. This is included with your ticket price.
2. The Frozen Pilgrim 10K is Sunday. The 10K begins at 9 a.m. Forges Field, runs along Jordan and Clifford Road, past Plimouth Plantation and then back along Sandwich Road to end back at Forges Field. The race is a benefit for the Kurt Giessler Foundation for Youth Achievement.
3. Share your photos of the Blizzard of '13 and its aftermath. Upload your pics here and we'll feature them on our Facebook page.
4. A masquerade ball will be held Saturday, Feb. 16, at the American Legion Post 40, at 199 Federal Furnace Road. Cocktails begin at 6:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 7. The cost is $25 per person. Enjoy a great meal, dancing and lots of raffle prizes. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society. Tickets are available at the Legion post or by calling Beth Lynch at 508-746-2040.
5. The DPW is accepting tree debris today and Sunday.