1. Advance tickets for the Plymouth North vs. Plymouth South Thanksgiving football game will be on sale for $5 at the following locations. Plymouth North and Plymouth South High Schools during lunches Friday, Monday and Tuesday. In the main office at both high schools from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday and from 8 to 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 21. At the Oak Street school building from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, Monday and Tuesday and until 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 21. Due to seating capacity, ongoing construction of the athletic complex and the Council on Aging, as well as the safety and security of those in attendance and fire regulations, the event capacity will be limited to 2,500 guests. Tickets on the day of the game will be $8.
2. Plymouth residents are collecting food, blankets, cleaning supplies and more to fill two trailers and drive to New York to help residents affected by Hurricane Sandy. Drop off location: 130 Camelot Dr. #19 (Mayflower Taxi and Exceptional Auto Detailing shop).
3. Tickets are available for the Plymouth Philharmonic Orchestra’s annual Holiday Pops, to be held at 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, and at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9, at Memorial Hall, at 83 Court St. Steven Karidoyanes will conduct. WBZ Radio host Jordan Rich will read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, accompanied by the orchestra. Tenor soloist Matthew Anderson will join the Phil with the Federal Furnace School Treble Chorus, directed by Kathy McMinn, to sing “Oh, Holy Night” and “God Bless Us Every One.” Children are invited to take a toy and march in the annual March of the Toys charity toy drive. Toys will be distributed to families by the Children’s Holiday Fund, sponsored by the Old Colony Memorial and administered by the Plymouth Area Coalition for the Homeless. Tickets start at $20. Call 508-746-8008 or visit www.plymouthphil.org.
4. The Plymouth Area Coalition seeks donations of Stop & Shop and Shaw’s $10 gift certificates to provide low-income South Shore families with holiday turkeys. Deliver or mail them to 149 Bishops Highway in Kingston. For more information, call Helen at 781-582-2010.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.