Valentine's Day is only three days away. Love it, or hate it, most folks tend to partake in the annual hearts/candy/flowers/love tradition. So, to help make Tuesday a bit easier, here are a few tips for picking up those perfect gifts for that special someone.
1. Think spring. Most folks, unless allergic, enjoy a fresh bouquet of their favorite flowers. They are pretty, cheery and make everyone think of warmer weather to come. Trying to figure out what color roses to buy? Click here for a quick guide.
2. Lay on the Sparkle. You know your gal best. But, not many ladies would say no to something glittery. Depending on the level of your relationship, pick up a little jewelry to show your like/love/affection. Take a look at the jewelry and gift shops in Plymouth.
3. Cook up a Little Romance. If you have the culinary skills, why not cook to impress your significant other? No need for reservations or getting dolled up. For a few tips on romantic treats to create, click here.
4. Spoil the Sports Fanatic. Patriots, Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics. Whatever the fave team, any sweetie that loves his or her team could appreciate new gear. Head over to Eastern Mountain Sports, Sports Authority, or Dick's Sporting Goods and pick out a few new pieces to add to the fan's closet.
5. Tempt the Chocoholic. Calories do no count on Valentine's Day! It is the one day of the year folks can indulge in dark, milk or white chocolaty goodness. Truffles, chocolate-covered strawberries or the Valentine heart-shaped box of assorted sweetness.
6. Pamper Your Person. For that always-working, super busy, special someone, head to the spa and pick up a package that will melt his or her stress away. (And melt your SO's heart.) Check out the list of spas in Plymouth here.
7. Donate to a Cause. Make a donation to your sweetheart's favorite charity and brighten his or her day knowing that he/she is supporting a great cause. For a list of some Plymouth charities, click here.
8. Go Old School. Remember the days of schoolyard Valentine's and homemade, heart-shaped, construction paper cards? Take a cue from the kiddos and create a love letter, poem or scrapbook to appreciate your someone special.
9. Bake a Little Something Special. Head to Shaws, pick up the pink and white candy hearts, sprinkles and cookie-cutters and bake a dessert that will invoke awws all around. Try this recipe for Chocolate Ganache Heart Shaped Brownies. Delish!
10. Wine and Dine Your Love. Romance your sweetie with a night out. Maybe revisit the spot where you first met, the place you went to on your first date or the restaurant where you proposed (or will propose!) Check out this list of restaurants offering specials and reserve a table for two with a champagne toast. Enjoy!