Five Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 15
Meet the author of "The Lincoln Letter," sign your daughter up for Girl Scouts, and end the day with some folk music.
1. Make sure to vote for your favorite food and drink pictures. The winner will receive a $75 gift card to Barnes and Noble.
2. Loretta laRoche Productions presents a book signing with Willaim Martin at The Book Shack at the Independence Mall Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
Williams' newest book The Lincoln Letter is a breathless chase across the Washington of today as well as a political thriller set in our besieged Civil War capital. It is a story of old animosities that still smolder, old philosophies that still contend, and a portrait of our greatest president as he passes from lawyer to leader in the struggle for a new birth of freedom.
3. Sign up your daughter for Girl Scouts this weekend at the Plymouth Public Library Main Branch. Click on the link for details.
4. Annie Wenz, Danielle Miraglia, and Amy Petty perform an in-the-round concert at Driftwood Folk Cafe at the First Parish Church. Advanced tickets are recommended and are available now at www.driftwoodfolkcafe.com, $19 (includes $1 per seat processing fee) or may be available at the door for $21 on the night of the show.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.