Five Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 12
Meet the Maestro at the Plymouth Public Library tonight.
1. Meet the Maestro, Steven Karidoyanes, Music Director of the Plymouth Philharmonic Orchestra will introduce the public to the 2012 – 2013 Philharmonic’s 97th season at 7 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 12, in the Otto Fehlow Meeting Room at the Plymouth Public Library. This season celebrates Conductor Karidoyanes’s 19th appearance at the Plymouth Public Library.
2. Open Mic Night at The Wine Cellar starting at 7 p.m.
3. Where your workout seems more like a night out. Dance with Heather Allen and Rock your body at Open Doors Yoga Studio on Carver Road at 7:30 p.m.
4. South Shore Conservatory celebrates 15 years of partnership with the José Mateo Ballet Theatre Young Dancers Program by offering a week of free ballet classes Sept. 8-14 for new students in its Elementary Division, which focuses on developing coordination, motor skills, listening skills and creative voice, while introducing the elements of classical ballet. Free placement classes are also offered for new students in the Intermediate Division. Advance registered is required. Classes will be held in the sanctuary studio at South Shore Conservatory, at the Ellison Center for the Arts, 64 Saint George St., Duxbury. For more information or to register, call Anne at 781-934-2731, ext. 21, or visit www.sscmusic.org/dance.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.