Five Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 10
The first confirmed debate between the candidates for the 9th Congressional District will be Oct. 10, and more things you ought to know.
1. Upload your crazy cat pictures to Patch's Weekly Photo Contest; the winner will receive a $75 gift card to Barnes and Noble.
2. Hat Trick Theatre of Plymouth is holding auditions for its holiday production of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. at First Parish Church. There are many rolls for adults, children, and teens.
3. The first confirmed debate between the candidates for the 9th Congressional District will be Oct. 10 at the Duxbury Senior Center and is sponsored by the League of Women Voters. Republican Christopher Sheldon of Plymouth will debate Congressman Bill Keating and independent Daniel Botehlo.
4. Attend a writer’s workshop and open mic session at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 11, at the Manomet Branch Library, 12 Strand Avenue. The writer’s workshop will begin at 7 p.m. and last for half an hour. During this time, writers will be encouraged to share their work and receive helpful criticism before participating in the open mic at 7:30 p.m. The open mic portion will last until 8:15 p.m. or for as long as we have performers. You are welcome to attend both or choose the part of the evening that interests you most. Attendance at the workshop is not required for participation in the open mic. The program is free and requires no registration.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.