Five Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 8
The Plymouth Public Library Corporation's annual Taste of the Town is tonight.
1. The Plymouth Public Library Corporation's annual Taste of the Town is tonight at the Radisson Hotel Plymouth. Tickets are available at the Main Library, the Manomet Branch, Pioppi's Package Store (in the Benny's Plaza) or by going online here. Sip wines (and other beverages) from across the globe, taste flavors from several Plymouth area restaurants, and bid on dozens of cool items in the silent auction, all to support library programs.
2. The Friends of the Plymouth Pound celebrates one year in its Adoption Center at the Independence Mall. Celebrate all day Saturday. Meet new fuzzy friends, and see what FPP is all about, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the mall.
3. Papa's Pet Project has cats available for fostering and adoption this weekend at Petsmart at Shops at 5. Complete an adoption application found online at www.papaspetproject.org.
4. The Plymouth Area Coalition seeks donations of Stop & Shop and Shaw’s $10 gift certificates to provide low-income South Shore families with holiday turkeys. Deliver or mail them to 149 Bishops Highway in Kingston. For more information, call Helen at 781-582-2010.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.