Five Things You Need to Know Today: May 20
It's Sunday and there's lots to do today.
1. The Plymouth Center for the Arts invites you to a Still Life Demonstration with Paul Church today from 1-3 p.m. As part of its Sundays at the Center series, the Plymouth Center for the Arts invites you to a demonstration by award-winning photographer, Paul Church, who is noted for his dramatic still life pieces. Paul is a self-taught artist whose approach to photography is instinctual and artistic, not technical. He particularly enjoys creating a still life from mundane objects and likes the Japanese concept of Wabi Sabi, finding beauty in junk. This event will be valuable for both artists and photographers and will focus on the artistic process not the technical. However, Paul will demonstrate some of the light modifiers he uses. Participants are invited to photograph the setups created. Light refreshments will be served. $5 admission.
2. Camp Wind-in-the-Pines Girl Scout Camp is hosting an open house Sunday from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. Girls and their families are welcome to tour camp and learn about the fun programs that will be offered there this summer.
3. The Old Colony YMCA hosts a Touch-a-Truck event at Colony Place Sunday from 11 am. to 1 p.m. Admission is $3. All proceeds from the event will support the Y’s Annual Campaign.
4. Plymouth Patch will host a live chat with Debra Betz, Republican candidate for state representative of the 12th Plymouth District next Tuesday, May 22. Get your questions ready.
5. Do you have opinions? Do you have a hobby or a business that you'd like to share? Blog on Patch.