Five Things You Need to Know Today: March 9
The PCIS yard sale/craft fair fundraiser begins at 9 a.m. today.
1. The PCIS yard sale/craft fair fundraiser originally scheduled for Feb. 9 has been rescheduled for 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, March 9, at Plymouth Community Intermediate School, located at 117 Long Pond Road. Tables are still available for rent. For more information contact Kathy Babini at email@example.com or 508-830-4476. Money raised will support the grade 8 trip to Washington, D.C. in May.
2. The American Red Cross will conduct the blood drive at Tracy Chevrolet Cadillac, located at 137 Samoset Street in Plymouth, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, March 10. Donors from the general public are welcome to attend. Walk-ins are also welcome. You can make an appointment in advance by calling the Red Cross at 1-800-RED-CROSS (800-733-2767)
3. Main Street Sports Bar and Grill is hosting a Saint Baldrick's fundraiser Sunday March 10 from 3-7 p.m. to raise money for children with cancer. People will offer to shave their heads for fundraising goals as part of a Shave-a-Thon. The first two people to shave there heads are the 9 and 11-year-old girls who came up with the idea for the event in honor of a classmate with cancer. Learn more on the Facebook event page.
4. The Plymouth Philharmonic Orchcestra presents the annual Family Concert Sunday, March 10. Hands-on demonstrations begin at 2 p.m. The Plymouth Children's Chorus will perform, as well as Zac West, a PSHS senior and winner of South Shore Conservatory's Youth Concerto Competition. Tickets start at the family-friendly price of $8, so bring everyone!
5. Have you ever thought about starting a blog? Learn how to blog on Patch.