Five Things You Need to Know Today: March 8
The PCIS yard sale/craft fair fundraiser originally scheduled for Feb. 9 has been rescheduled for 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, March 9.
1. The PCIS yard sale/craft fair fundraiser originally scheduled for Feb. 9 has been rescheduled for 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, March 9, at Plymouth Community Intermediate School, located at 117 Long Pond Road. Tables are still available for rent. For more information contact Kathy Babini at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-830-4476. Money raised will support the grade 8 trip to Washington, D.C. in May.
2. The American Red Cross will conduct the blood drive at Tracy Chevrolet Cadillac, located at 137 Samoset Street in Plymouth, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, March 10. Donors from the general public are welcome to attend. Walk-ins are also welcome. You can make an appointment in advance by calling the Red Cross at 1-800-RED-CROSS (800-733-2767)
3. Irish Genealogy with Michael Brophy, information about our Irish ancestors is exploding on the internet. The best websites for Irish research are explored and analyzed by Michael Brophy, a professional genealogical researcher, heir search specialist, and lecturer. The lecture is reccomended for beginner to intermediate level researchers and is free of charge. Refreshments will be served and a question and answer period will follow the lecture.
4. Online registration for all South Plymouth Youth Baseball players ages 4-12 is open until April 30. Visit www.SPYB.org for details. Find a description of each division by either clicking on the “Register Now” button or the SPYB Divisions tab on the left side of the homepage. Email your questions to email@example.com. Spring tryouts for both American League (ages 10-12) and National League (ages 7-9) will be held March 23 and 24 at Elmer Raymond field in Cedarville. Times are posted on the website. Players must register before trying out.
5. Have you ever thought about starting a blog? Learn how to blog on Patch.