Five Things You Need to Know Today: March 13
The Provenzano for Plymouth Selectman Committee will hold a Candidate Meet and Greet from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 13 at the British Beer Company in Cedarville.
1. A Simes House Foundation general membership meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 13, at the Manomet Elementary School library, located at 70 Manomet Point Road. Visit www.simeshousefoundation.org for more information.
2. The Provenzano for Plymouth Selectman Committee will hold a Candidate Meet and Greet from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 13 at the British Beer Company in Cedarville at 2294 State Road. Please come out and engage with Tony Provenzano at this free family friendly public event. Complimentary pizza and soft drinks coutesy of the campaign, and there will be a cash bar.
3. The next monthly meeting of the Plymouth Garden Club will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday, March 13, in the Chiltonville Church at 6 River St. The program will be “Women in History, Isabella Stewart Gardener, Meet the Woman Behind the Museum,” presented by Jessa Piaia. Artistic design: an exhibition Table Type 1. Horticulture: Take in a single horticulture specimen from your garden and please label it. Guests are welcome at the meetings for a $3 fee. If interested in becoming a member, contact Judy Tessin at email@example.com or visit www.plymouthgardenclub.com for further information. The Plymouth Garden Club is a member of the National Garden Clubs Inc. and the Garden Federation of MA Inc. South East district.
4. Margaret McGee, author of He’s Right Here, will sign copies of her book at a free event at 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 13, at the Book Shack, located in the Independence Mall. After her youngest son, Brendan, died unexpectedly, McGee, a retired nurse, wrote a book to help her and others deal with the loss of a child. This book is about a mother’s journey from paralyzing grief to healing, from despair to hope. When tragedy strikes and life is lost, those left in the wake often have a litany of questions. One question in particular is, what happens to our loved ones once they pass on? McGee believes she has found the answer: They’re right here with us. To learn more, visit www.thebookshack.com.
5. Have you ever thought about starting a blog? Learn how to blog on Patch.