Five Things You Need to Know Today: Jan. 29
The Plymouth Moose Lodge is hosting a benefit for The Sandy Hook Relief Fund featuring several local bands, raffles and more, Thursday, Jan. 31
1. Helping Hands for the Plymouth Animal Shelter Inc. is looking for volunteers for a variety of fundraisers, update the shelter's website, and care for shelter cats. tlso needed is someone to update the new website helpinghandsforthepas.com. If you are interested in helping in any way, call the adoption line at 508-273-3472.
2. The Plymouth Moose Lodge is hosting a benefit for The Sandy Hook Relief Fund featuring several local bands, raffles and more, Thursday, Jan. 31 starting at 7 p.m. Advance tickets are on sale at the lodge, but it is not necessary to have one prior to the event.
3. Park Plymouth is selling 2013 parking permits for half price in January. All parking permits will return to full price Feb. 1. Visit the Park Plymouth website at parkplymouth.com for further information.
4. The flu is taking a toll across Massachusetts, here's a list of places in Plymouth whereyou can get a flu shot. Here's a link to a blog about Natural Ways to Prevent or Shorten the Length of the Flu.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.