Five Things You Need to Know Today: Jan. 28
Helping Hands for the Plymouth Animal Shelter Inc. is looking for volunteers.
1. Helping Hands for the Plymouth Animal Shelter Inc. is looking for volunteers for a variety of fundraisers, update the shelter's website, and care for shelter cats. tlso needed is someone to update the new website helpinghandsforthepas.com. If you are interested in helping in any way, call the adoption line at 508-273-3472.
2. The Plymouth Moose Lodge is hosting a benefit for The Sandy Hook Relief Fund featuring several local bands, raffles and more, Thursday, Jan. 31 starting at 7 p.m. Advance tickets are on sale at the lodge, but it is not necessary to have one prior to the event.
3. The Plymouth South High School fashion marketing class is hosting a drive to help homeless teens. There are 1.7 million homeless teens in America and their number one request from shelters is a pair of jeans. Gently used jeans can be dropped off through Feb. 10 in Plymouth in the PSHS main/gym lobbies, the JunglePlex, the Plymouth and Manomet branch public libraries, the Armstrong skating rink and St. Bonaventure Parish Center. You can also drop jeans off in Wareham at the Delkin Laundromat. For more information, call Donna Shea at Plymouth South High, at 508-224-7512, ext. 1150, or visit www.dosomething.org/teensforjeans.
4. The flu is taking a toll across Massachusetts, here's a list of places in Plymouth whereyou can get a flu shot. Here's a link to a blog about Natural Ways to Prevent or Shorten the Length of the Flu.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.