Five Things You Need to Know Today: Jan. 27
The S.A.L. (Sons of American Legion) hosts a meat raffle and juniors bake sale at 1 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27, at American Legion Post 40 today.
1. The 2013 Pioppi's "Sunday School" wine seminar series. Each week, Pioppi's partners with a local restaurant under a different theme and provide our guests with a four course tasting menu, eight wines to taste and a presenter who guides everyone through the afternoon. These seminars are now in their tenth year and sell out quickly.
Jan 27 Celebration of the Decade w/East Bay Grille
All sessions are at the store and run from 1 to 3 p.m. Tickets are $40 per person, per session (tax and gratuity included) and available at Pioppi's, 183 Court Street, Plymouth or, via phone, by calling (508) 746 1943.
2. All are welcome to the S.A.L. (Sons of American Legion) meat raffle and juniors bake sale at 1 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27, at American Legion Post 40, at 199 Federal Furnace Road. The kitchen will be open.
3. The Plymouth South High School fashion marketing class is hosting a drive to help homeless teens. There are 1.7 million homeless teens in America and their number one request from shelters is a pair of jeans. Gently used jeans can be dropped off through Feb. 10 in Plymouth in the PSHS main/gym lobbies, the JunglePlex, the Plymouth and Manomet branch public libraries, the Armstrong skating rink and St. Bonaventure Parish Center. You can also drop jeans off in Wareham at the Delkin Laundromat. For more information, call Donna Shea at Plymouth South High, at 508-224-7512, ext. 1150, or visit www.dosomething.org/teensforjeans.
4. The flu is taking a toll across Massachusetts, here's a list of places in Plymouth whereyou can get a flu shot. Here's a link to a blog about Natural Ways to Prevent or Shorten the Length of the Flu.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.