Five Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 9
Shop for Valentine's Day early at the Winter-into-Spring Market, or head to a spoken word and music show today.
1. Gather round the hearth-fire with farmers and local food-makers for “Wine, Chocolate and Thou” Winter Market at Plimoth Plantation, 137 Warren Ave, Plymouth, Thursday, February 9th from 2:30 till 6:30 inside the visitor’s center. sample small production artisan chocolate; learn more about southeastern Mass. farm wineries; and stay to enjoy a first run film at Plimoth Cinema.
2. An evening of spoken word and music with the legendary jazz radio broadcaster Ron Della Chiesa will take place at 7 p.m. The event will take place in the recently opened eclectic bookstore The Book Shack located in the Independence Mall.
3. This week we're collecting the best places to go for Valentine's Day, as well as what to do and what not to do on Valentine's Day. Stay tuned.
4. Got a romantic story about how you got engaged? Share it with Patch. We're collecting them and working on a couple of surprises next week.
5. Help suport Masonic Charities and buy your tickets to the Plymouth Masonic Lodge's Scotch Tasting, Feb. 18. The cost is $25 per person. Call 508-493-7696.