Five Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 24
Plimoth Plantation is hosting a viewing party for the 85th Academy Awards. The red carpet will be waiting for you at 6:30 p.m.
1. Plimoth Plantation is hosting a viewing party for the 85th Academy Awards. The red carpet will be waiting for you at 6:30 p.m.
Not just a live telecast, there will be plenty of other star-studded fun. Guests are encouraged to dress as their favorite star and compete in a costume contest for fabulous prizes. Ballots will be available for guests to play along and predict all the night’s winners! The Plimoth Cinema’s snack concessions and a cash bar will be open, serving wine and beer.
Enjoy a night of glitz and glam – come walk the red carpet! Admission is free, but space is limited. Your space can be reserved by calling (508) 746-1622 ext. 8346.
2. Plymouth Community Theatre presents Rumors, a farce written by Neil Simon, tonight at 8 p.m. at the Plymouth Guild for the Arts on North Street. Tickets are $20.
3. Plymouth Public Schools are accepting applications for September 2013 placement in full day, tuition-based kindergarten. Application deadline is Feb. 26. Staffed by certified classroom teacher, the program offers music, art and physical education taught by certified professionals; educational field trips; cultural arts programs; lunch program. Before and after school childcare available through the Old Colony YMCA Program on site (fee-based).
Applications and information available at all Plymouth schools, the Plymouth Public Schools website and administration building. Reduced tuition application, based on family income, is available. Childcare vouchers are accepted as payment for tuition (no deposit required for families holding a current voucher). Possible locations: Cold Spring, Federal Furnace, Hedge, Nathaniel Morton, Manomet and South elementary schools.
4. The Plymouth YMCA is excited to introduce the Mini Shooters Basketball League for all children grades K-1 and 2-3, beginning Feb. 23. This 7 week league will introduce children to the fundamentals of basketball and sportsmanship while playing in a positive learning environment against other children their own age. The season will run for 7 weeks with games and practices on Saturdays. Each team will practice for a half hour before their scheduled game time. There will be a skills clinic, Feb. 23 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Games will start the following Saturday, March 2. The league will be held at Manomet Elementary School. You do not want to miss out on our terrific basketball program! Feel free to call the Plymouth YMCA with any comments or questions!
5. Have you ever thought about starting a blog? Learn how to blog on Patch.