1) Charles Harper reads his poetry at the Plymouth Public Library from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
2) Plymouth North girls’ basketball team plays its last game of the season against Quincy in a make-up game.
3) Play BINGO at the Senior Center at 1 p.m.
4) The Wampanoag Program at the Plimoth Plantation is offering a class on 17th century maritime techniques and making traditional fishing nets. This program is designed for children accompanied by an adult, and will involve handling fishing tools such as hooks, spears, weights and harpoons. Reservations are required. For more information or to reserve your spot, please call 508-746-1622, ext. 8346. Price: $15 or $12 for members
5) Lots of things happened on this day in history: 1980: “The Miracle on Ice;” 1942: Roosevelt tells Gen. MacArthur to get out of the Philippines as the defense of the islands collapses; 1959: Lee Petty, father of Richard, grandfather of Kyle, great-grandfather of Adam, wins the first Daytona 500. Oh, and it's George Washington’s Birthday.