Five Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 20
It's Wednesday and here's some things you ought to know.
1. The Plymouth Career Center is hosting a career fair from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. today. Visit the website for details. The career fair features 18 employers and lots of jobs to fill.
2. Here are some ideas for free kids' activities during February vacation at Pilgrim Hall Museum.
3. The Plymouth Center for the Arts is offering art camps for kids during February school vacation (Feb. 18-22). The camps are of three, four and five days duration and will be led by several of the Center’s most popular art instructors. Full information is available at www.plymouthguild.org. The Plymouth Center for the Arts offers numerous art classes and workshops for adults and children.
4. The Plymouth Education Foundation is holding its third annual Valentine Gala from 7 p.m. to midnight, Friday, Feb. 22 (postponed from Feb. 9), at Waverly Oaks Golf Club, located at 444 Long Pond Road, Plymouth. This is a black tie-optional event and will include dinner, dancing and live music featuring Smoking Jackets. There will also be live and silent auctions featuring wares and gift certificates from local businesses, unique services, trips, gifts and services from the Plymouth South High School Technical Studies Department. Plymouth’s own Michael Rothberg will be the evening’s auctioneer, assisted by a special “celebrity” guest co-auctioneer. Rockland Trust Company is the event sponsor for the second year in a row.
All proceeds from the event will go the Plymouth Education Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization founded in 2008. Reservations are $75 per person or $550 for a table of eight. In addition, the Foundation is gratefully accepting auction items of any value. To purchase reservations or donate an auction item, contact Nicole Manfredi at Nicole.Manfredi@plymoutheducationfoundation.org. For more information, or to purchase tickets online, visit www.plymoutheducationfoundation.org.
5. Have you ever thought about starting a blog? Learn how to blog on Patch.