Five Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 15
Plymouth Harbor Market Days’ new winter farmers’ market will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday.
1. FMC Ice Sports is hosting the 6th Annual Boston Bruins and Cradles to Crayons PJ Drive at Armstrong Arena today. Donate a pair of new children's pajamas (sizes 0-20) and get free admission for a future skate. Tonight skate from 8:30 to 10:20 p.m. for a live, lights out JD public skate. Admission is $5 and skate rentals are $5.
2. Plymouth Harbor Market Days’ new winter farmers’ market will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Fridays through April, in the rear lower mills of Cordage Park in North Plymouth. Sponsored by Explore Historic Plymouth Inc., the Plymouth Winter Farmers’ Market will provide the community with access to fresh, wholesome, locally grown foods. Weekly events, activities for children and community tables will lend ambiance and highlight the historic venue. Continuing its partnerships with local community groups, the Plymouth Winter Farmers Market will host a canned-food drive through April.
Local nonprofit organizations interested in setting up an information table at the market, those looking to volunteer and churches interested in participating in the canned-food drive should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Visit www.PlymouthWinterFarmersMarket.org and join the Facebook page “Plymouth Winter Farmers Market” for weekly updates.
3. Share your photos of the Blizzard of '13 and its aftermath. Upload your pics here and we'll feature them on our Facebook page.
4. A masquerade ball will be held Saturday, Feb. 16, at the American Legion Post 40, at 199 Federal Furnace Road. Cocktails begin at 6:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 7. The cost is $25 per person. Enjoy a great meal, dancing and lots of raffle prizes. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society. Tickets are available at the Legion post or by calling Beth Lynch at 508-746-2040.
5. The DPW is accepting tree debris today, Saturday and Sunday.