Five Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 14
If you forget everything else, don't forget the chocolate.
It's Valentine's Day, and if you've been under a rock and haven't made plans yet, here are a few last-minute ideas for you
1. Get the chocolate. Heart-shaped boxes are OK, but if you really forgot, you'd better spring for the good stuff.
2. The flowers. Ever female in her office is getting flowers today. If you don't have them delivered, make sure they're in the passenger seat when you pull in the driveway.
3. Most restaurants are taking reservations, but there might be a few places you can take her.
4. The first three fail? You'd better pull out the plastic and head to the jewelry store.
5. If you can't get a table, too broke to buy jewelry, she doesn't like flowers, and she's allergic to chocolate, be ready to do something outrageous. Sing her favorite love song to her. She'll either be swept off her feet, or laugh at you so hard that all will be forgiven.