Five Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 5
The annual tree lighting ceremony in Downtown Plymouth will begin at 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7.
1. Christmas wreath and tree sales began at the Plymouth County farm. Farm proceeds fund rehabilitative and vocational programs for inmates at the Plymouth County Correctional Facility. For more information, or to sign-up for the farm’s email newsletter, please visit www.pcsdma.org.
2. The annual tree lighting ceremony in Downtown Plymouth will begin at 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7. Enjoy the carollers, storytellers, hot cider and open houses, and of course, Santa.
3. The Yule Spirit Pub Stroll will begin at 4 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 8. Purchase a T-shirt and take part in the perks for the stroll. There will be eight stops on the stroll beginning at K. Katie's and ending at the Full Sail around 11 p.m. Other pubs so far participating are the Driftwood, Martini’s, and On the Rocks. There will be games and raffles at each stop along the way as well as entertainment. All monies raised will go to needy families that live in Plymouth. Contact Jody Prifti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Tickets are available for the Plymouth Philharmonic Orchestra’s annual Holiday Pops, to be held at 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, and at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9, at Memorial Hall, at 83 Court St. Steven Karidoyanes will conduct. WBZ Radio host Jordan Rich will read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, accompanied by the orchestra. Tenor soloist Matthew Anderson will join the Phil with the Federal Furnace School Treble Chorus, directed by Kathy McMinn, to sing “Oh, Holy Night” and “God Bless Us Every One.” Children are invited to take a toy and march in the annual March of the Toys charity toy drive. Toys will be distributed to families by the Children’s Holiday Fund, sponsored by the Old Colony Memorial and administered by the Plymouth Area Coalition for the Homeless. Tickets start at $20. Call 508-746-8008 or visit www.plymouthphil.org.
5. Do you have an opinion or a passion you'd like to share? Learn how you can blog on Patch.